How my thinking about programming changed since I started out
Another interesting article about how to use types better
Page I made to see if English is still readable without word order and postfixes?
The huge impact of hardware details on code performance
Possible effect of CO2 on nutrients globally
Interesting video about why it would be a bad sign for us to find alien life
Great explanation of union and sum types
The problems with shared mutability, even in single-threaded context, and how Rust helps
Great article about programming patterns and bug prevention
A useful book about neural networks
An interesting online book about programming patterns, also useful outside games
Nice introduction to lazy evaluation, such as in Haskell
"... show that LaTeX users were slower than Word users, wrote less text in the same amount of time, and produced more typesetting, orthographical, grammatical, and formatting errors" (I don't vouch for the quality of this research, I just passionately dislike LaTeX)
Short overview of the ethics of using animals - let me know what you think!
After "Humans Need Not Apply" explained how we're all going to be replaced, and " Will automation take away all our jobs?" explained how we won't, this short video explains which jobs are safe. For the short-medium term, that is.
Why there are still so many jobs, and might be for a while. Maybe. A alternative view to the one in Humans Need Not Apply.
15 min video on the possible impact of automation by CGP Grey
16m video on CRISPR by Kurzgesagt
My first encounter with GANs, which seem like a fascinating development.
- "Invite" someone to ssh into your machine without port forwarding or firewall changes @Mark Added details about how to use the established tunnel in...
- Bye Make, hello SCons (Fortran) @Mark For SCons' own comparison against alternatives, have a l...
- Ubuntu macros @Mark Macro locks have been made more reliable, to prevent any...
- Dory backup scripts @Mark I've added some functionality to remove old backups! htt...
- Ubuntu macros @Mark Updated after moving the files to https://github.com/mve...
- Concentration noise @Mark Sorry if you're in China and can't access Youtube. If th...